When I heard which courier company was making the delivery, I knew something would go terribly wrong. Last time they were meant to be delibvering to my Bedminster hovel, when I finally managed to locate the errant package at a Bathroom-tile warehouse a half-mile away. For no discernable reason.
So, just because we've taken every precaution to make sure the incredibly expensive boxes full of Commerical Suicides and Alex's own Defective Comics turn up in time to sell, it doesn't mean that I had much hope that we'd actually recieve them. We throw down the money for guaranteed pre-lunch delivery. Knowing that people have trouble locating my masonette, due to it being above an empty shop, I attach my phone-number and inist that they call me if they can't find the place.
And then we sit back and wait. At 10:30 the bell sends me running to the door to discover that it's actually another delivery which went awry: the Router to allow Jane to get online. It's the second one Amazon have had to send out. Grateful, but still antsy, I return to the wait.
Phone rings at 11. It's the dispatcher from the company, saying that the driver can't find the actual building, and wanted to know where it is. I tell them to go around the corner, and sit back.
Time passes. Neurotic energy is funneled into increasingly baroque web-postings, including the the 1500 words of nonsense about post-punk down the page.
It's now 2, and I decide to check up on where the bastard thing is. I call the printer, who tell me they'll phone the courier to check on its process. They do so, phone back and tell me that the guy had left the area before the dispatcher phoned him back, so he's going to make a second delivery later in the afternoon.
More time passes. I've gone past the point where it's possible to turn the nervousness into anything other than sweat.
I phone back the printer at 4, getting the parcel number and the actual depot number. At this point, I've been hammering WHERE! IS! THE! PARCEL! in increasingly large font size to all my online IM friends for the majority fo the day. People, being lovely, are occasionally messaging me, asking if it's there yet. They mean well, but it's a torturous drip-drip-drip on my head.
Wired, with details in hand, I phone the depot. Chat to a woman who says she'll phone the guy to check up. She says that the notes say that he'd go back at the end of the day "If he has time". I stress how this really isn't on. I need to get them to the con by six, so we can actually set them up. I say that I'm willing to go anywhere in the city to get hold of the bastard things rather than them be delayed. She says she'll phone up the guy, and get a meeting place if he isn't going to delivery soon.
I wait. At 4:50, knowing they phone people will probably fuck off home at 5, I call again. I'm so tightly strung now that you could use me to garotte someone, which is exactly what'll happen if I don't actually get those bastard books. I stay on hold while she calls the driver. She returns to say that he was apparently waiting at a place for 45 minutes for me to turn up there. Of course, the original woman never actually phoned me back to tell me any of this. I finally get the actual driver's number, calling him up.
His next drop off is in an industrial site outside Bristol at 5:30. I, resisting the urge to ask why he didn't just phone the fucking number as he was meant to this morning since he *has* spent the last 45 minutes doing nothing due to the incompetence of his swotchoard, shower (having spent the entire day stinking, worried that I'd miss a call or door-bell ring if I have a proper wash) and run to the local taxi firm. He drives me out into the middle of nowhere, before having another series of quick-exchange phone-calls with the Delivery van to get us all to the next identical-looking bit of layby.
Eventually, we meet, lob the nine boxes of comics in the back of the taxi, and drive to Bristol Meads Station, just in enough time to lob them into the con to be sold in the mornings.
I then get awesomely drunk. Because it's the only sensible thing to do.
The name of the courier company is being witheld from the story until we find out whether we can get a refund or not. And if any of you with Paypal want a copy, the ordering system for CS3 is up at the site.
In short: Bastards.
Surely you have to be able to get a refund... otherwise what's the guarantee part of the guaranteed pre-lunch delivery for?
ReplyDeleteThey know how to take the reservation, they just don't know how to HOLD the reservation.
ReplyDeleteAnyone this bad can only be City Link.
ReplyDeleteWhat about us superb persons that are European but not British?
ReplyDeleteIt all sounds thoroughly awful. How many copies did you sell in the end, and where was the Con located?
ReplyDelete--Some Dude
Sold enough to make a dent in it. We printed 200 instead of the 150 I thought we were, so it was highly unlikely we'd sell out. We sold pretty much what we did last time, which was pretty good going considering the increased price.
ReplyDeleteAnd it was in Bristol, luckily.
KG
Thanks for the infos! Gl with the sales. Perhaps you could upload a scan or two of the comic, for us comic uninitiates?
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed you blog about business week. If you would like to learn How To Get 1 Million Visitors On Your Web Site
ReplyDeleteWithout Paying A Dime In advertising !
Are you frustrated by the lack of traffic coming to your site?
If I would tell you that after months of research, I just got my
hands on the most hidden secrets... very sneaky tricks !
Click here : business week
Check Out this Site About part time work from home
ReplyDeleteYours By Design Heating and Cooling is a full service Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) contractor based in Blaine, MN
ReplyDeleteinstalling residential heating and air and commercial heating and air.**Heating****Cooling**water filterwater filter
Hello,
ReplyDeleteJust thought I would check out your blog.
I am new to blogging. I hope you don't mind me posting to your blog. If you are interested in checking out my blog and making a post that would be great.
I have a dedicated hosting server web site/blog. It pretty much covers ##WEB HOSTING## related stuff.
Thanks,
Ed
where i get more info?
ReplyDeleteThe ultimate internet marketing website is www.TheOnlinePromoters.com
ReplyDeletegood info
ReplyDeleteYour's is a good Blog. I also have a blog on "Steps to money Making Online", you can have a look when ever you have time
ReplyDeleteMy keyword research brought me here, but I don't see an glyconutrition
ReplyDeleteposts?
Regards,
glyco thymoline
Too much to do and so little time. Cliche, I know, but it's true. Nice blog. I had to say something nice about it. I am off to search for a site about legitimate home based business opportunity now. May you have a happy new year.
ReplyDeleteIch verbringe soviel die Zeit, die herum schaut.Cheerio, Darlena cash advance sacramento
ReplyDeleteIt's been such a great day today! I thought I would do a little research on
ReplyDeletetyping related stuff on the net and came across your site. I really
appreciate your knowledge on the subject. Your site has some great resources.
It's been a great help in creating more typing info. Keep up the
great work you are doing.
?Est? esto al lugar a leer sobre advance cash loan online payday y material relacionado?Byebye, Sandee advance cash loan online payday
ReplyDeleteMijn opdracht moet het woord uitspreiden - cash advance america is het woord.Deeply, Necole cash advance america
ReplyDeleteEst-ce que n'importe qui entend ce que je dis ?Adieu, Mohammad general air filters
ReplyDeleteLa mejor parte sobre az water ionizer es que hay tan muchos lugares para aprender m?s.Adieu, Lauretta az water ionizer
ReplyDeleteI remember when a simple search for, let's say car loan payment calculator would bring up semi-related sites. I like your blog, but I wasn't exactly loking for this info. Good stuff anyway.
ReplyDeleteIt's time to take charge of your future and independence by having your own business!
ReplyDeleteChe cosa l'effetto sta andando essere alla fine?Toodle-oo, Daniel cash advance and payday advance news
ReplyDeleteShop at your favorite stores 24 hours a day. Why go to the mall when you can shop online and avoid the traffic
ReplyDeleteShop online today. Forget driving to the mall when you can just click the mouse and order from your favorite store. No traffic to deal with
ReplyDeleteIt's time to take charge of your future and independence by having your own business!
ReplyDeleteBlog surfing for monetizing website is fun.
ReplyDeleteIch noch habe nicht was mein Lieblingsteil ist, dort bin so viele entschieden, zum von zu w?hlen.So long, Fidel home loan refinance rates
ReplyDeleteFrom what I can see, not many blogs talk about stuff like traumatic head injury centre lemon council clean air act and that is sad. I think your blog is great that way.
ReplyDeletekeep it up.
Hello ##NAME##, with all the information on telecommute I became very overwhelmed. Anyway, I was online doing a specific search for the most current information on telecommute and somehow I ended up on your site. ##NAME## to be frank, ##TITLE## wasn't not the exact match to what I was looking for, but boy am I glad I'm here. You've certainly managed to grab me attention and peak my interest. I must say this is a great blog and I'm most certainly happy that I stopped by eventhough it wasn't the telecommute related information I was looking for. Thanks. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteHello ##NAME##, with all the information on work from home I became very overwhelmed. Anyway, I was online doing a specific search for the most current information on work from home and somehow I ended up on your site. ##NAME## to be frank, ##TITLE## wasn't not the exact match to what I was looking for, but boy am I glad I'm here. You've certainly managed to grab me attention and peak my interest. I must say this is a great blog and I'm most certainly happy that I stopped by eventhough it wasn't the work from home related information I was looking for. Thanks. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteget your ads seen on 2 million websites
ReplyDeleteYour New 'INTERNET MALL OF THE WORLD!' affiliate online opportunity program is over ONE-MILLION-TIMES More Powerful Than Most Affiliate Programs! Read on and discover why this is your chance to have THE MOST POWERFUL ONLINE WEALTH-BUILDING PROFIT MACHINE in history!
ReplyDeleteDesidero appena ottenere tutta la ricerca del quick cash loan washington allontanato.Aloha, Dahlia quick cash loan washington
ReplyDeleteNow you can get this powerful new online turnkey business opportunity way to stay home and cash-in with OVER ONE-MILLION hot products that are already selling like crazy on the Internet...
ReplyDeleteSie wissen, was sonst ich mag? Ovaltine!Good Wishes, Breanne quick payday
ReplyDeleteYour 'MALL OF THE WORLD!' based business home opportunity smc features a vast selection of the same products you'll find in some of the BIGGEST and most successful retail stores!
ReplyDeleteHey,
ReplyDelete"Mind your business!" said my brother!
LOL He does not like the idea that I post to blogs... but I like to congratulate somone for something well done.
Regards and good luck,
extra make money online
Wat anders moet ik het weten?Toodle-oo, Vikki canada payday loans
ReplyDeleteI have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
ReplyDeletethe indexes easily.
Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com
RickJ
Haben Sie irgendwelche guten Nachrichten ?ber quicken loans k?rzlich geh?rt?Genuinely, Milissa quicken loans
ReplyDeleteI believe this is the perfect home business income opportunity for you to stay home and make money...
ReplyDeleteWhat a way to meet your spouse! It was my birthday night and my ex who had been wanting to get back together with me, since who knows when, takes me out to dinner and a broadway show and we get back around midnight. Then, I sign online to check my messages and someone sent me a random birthday card. That turns out to be my spouse 9 months later. Amazing. It is just like happening to stumble upon a site about Host party poker and finding everything on that topic has to offer. But it may not be as lucky as finding my perfect soul mate. But who knows, it could be better. I dunno.
ReplyDeleteHost party poker
This is a great opportunity. Just push a button 4 times per day and make $1,000's per month within one year.
ReplyDeleteHi, Just browsing around for ideas for my site. (While we're at the same topic), I'm just getting started if you want to visit:
ReplyDeletecheap website hosting
Charles
Hey, just a quick hello from someone in Central America.
ReplyDeleteweb design hosting
Charles
Hi There, I was just blogging around and found your page!
ReplyDeleteVery cool,
I like finding all this variety.
If you are interested, go see my download movies free related site.
It isnt anything special but you might still find something of interest.
Just blogging for a while, found your site that also happens to be around internet web hosting, so just saying what's up.
ReplyDeleteCharles
Hey how are you doing? just letting you know that someone from Central America read your blog!
ReplyDeleteThis is my site:
what is e-currency
Regards,
Charles
Hello ##NAME##, with all the information on legitimate work from home jobs I became very overwhelmed. Anyway, I was online doing a specific search for the most current information on legitimate work from home jobs and somehow I ended up on your site. ##NAME## to be frank, ##TITLE## wasn't not the exact match to what I was looking for, but boy am I glad I'm here. You've certainly managed to grab me attention and peak my interest. I must say this is a great blog and I'm most certainly happy that I stopped by eventhough it wasn't the legitimate work from home jobs related information I was looking for. Thanks. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeletePersonally I do not agree, but that is ok right :0).Enough blogging, back to my report on new york debt consolidation service.Thanks,new york debt consolidation service.
ReplyDeleteHi:)
ReplyDelete"Thanks for the wonderful web site you have provided us!"
Regards,
extra make money
Just looking for ideas for my site. (While we're at the same topic), I'm just getting started if you want to visit:
ReplyDeletefree music download
Charles
Hi Blogger:)
ReplyDeleteI thank my brother, because if he did not post some comments on my blog it would be empty. I hope to have some success like you later on. I love your blog, and try to make mine cool as well! :)
Regards,
at home make work money
Thanks for creating this blog, I like to cruise the blogs to see what other people think about.
ReplyDeleteRegards,
work from home no fee
Those are valid points and I have to say I agree.Love to blog more, but need to finish book report on debt consolidation services.Super work,debt consolidation services.
ReplyDeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteIn my opinion, through your website, you have created an excellent benchmark for others to follow. Additionally, you have provided a valuable resource for useful and relevant information, all at the click of a button.
Thank you,
online start business
It looks like you spent some time on this blog. Keep up the good work! When you get the chance, visit my site and join for free! Go to free money.
ReplyDeleteHello. I was blog surfing and your blog caught my eye. I have a cool site that may interest you. If your not interested, then I am sorry for bothering you. Go to online marketing.
ReplyDeletea great opportunity, no selling, no phoning, no recruiting PERIOD!
ReplyDeleteHello, I have a fairly new website that has been online for about 8 months. I am doing research as per a fellow website owner suggested to gather information about delivering good content to my visitors. I looked at alot of websites that are in my area bikram calgary yoga . I have done the internet MLM thing and really got disgusted at the whole thing. So my wife and I thought since we love horses we should build a website around that. We have done pretty good so far but I always want to improve. I didn;t realize it would be so time consuming though. But we love it and hope to improve and offer some of the best recourses and products available. Hence the search for content new products and information about what we have.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your BLOG.
Regards,
bikram calgary yoga
Hi blogger:)
ReplyDeleteWe try to come up with some great info for my own web blog.. Although We had neither one comment yet:) Contrary Urs is very attracting to the eye, We really like it especially the actual content which is very useful......
Regards,
make money fast online
Looking for more information on Expansion Joints Rubber ..If so here is a fantastic resource for everything related to Expansion Joints Rubber with information, products, articles and more..Check it out here...dampex.com
ReplyDeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteI found the ideas on your blog to be original and very good thought out.. I will continue to visIT your blog regularly..
Regards,
adware detector spyware
Lets get Blogging Everyone!!
ReplyDeleteYou are welcome to come visit my site work from home on line
A fine blog you have here!!
ReplyDeleteYou are welcome to visit my site http://www.surveyearn.biz/PaidSurveys/Work_at_home.html-at home work
Good Blog Site with a lot of intersting and not so interesting comments I would say!
ReplyDeleteIf you have a moment please feel free to visit my site http://www.surveyearn.biz/PaidSurveys/Work_at_home.html
home Based Businesses
Great blogsite you have here! Interesting information. Please come and visit mine sometime work at home jobs
ReplyDeleteLets get Blogging Everyone!!
ReplyDeleteYou are welcome to come visit my site free work at home
Really love the last few points.Great stuff, got to get back to writing my article on consolidation debt query service.Terrific work,consolidation debt query service.
ReplyDeleteHey just to let you know that yes I am promoting this but if you dont want to save at the pump then dont go to the site but I believe no matter who you are gas is just to expensive.
ReplyDeleteThe goverment is using it and many other huge company's. This is not just some fly by night company or product. This is the real deal.
Hey just to let you know that yes I am promoting this but if you dont want to save at the pump then dont go to the site but I believe no matter who you are gas is just to expensive.
ReplyDeleteThe goverment is using it and many other huge company's. This is not just some fly by night company or product. This is the real deal.
Thought your blog was great. Would love your opinion on my site movies to download for free.
ReplyDeleteGood Blog Site with a lot of intersting and not so interesting comments in my opinion.
ReplyDeleteIf you have a moment come visit my site affiliates - http://passion.sitesell.com/web-sales22.html
Debt Consolidation Debt Consolidation Programs can help you reduce your interest burden by charging an interest rate lower than the rate on your existing loans. Debt consolidation loan can also allow you to make small monthly payments by extending the loan period
ReplyDeletehttp://www.debt-consolidation.com/Default.asp
Great blog and well done - good stuff. For your infotamtion, please come visit my site http://compare.sitesell.com/web-sales22.html it is about services Cheers!
ReplyDeleteKeep up the great work on this blog. Informative and interesting. I have an interesting web site at http://compare.sitesell.com/web-sales22.html and you are welcome to visit. It is about online ewb hosting Thanks!
ReplyDeleteInteresting reading... Keep up the good work...
ReplyDeleteRegards,
Stock Trading Guru
equity option trading
Nice blog. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteRegards,
Stock Investor
option trading software
I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both
ReplyDeletereliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.
Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com
RickJ
A fantastic blog yours. Keep it up.
ReplyDeleteIf you have a moment, please visit my allinsurance job sites only site.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.
Your blog I found to be very interesting!
ReplyDeleteI just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I have a alternative job listings in az
site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!
Well such an interesting and informative site you have here. Splendid stuff!!
ReplyDeleteIf you require some best affiliate programs information come visit mine http://www.forex-affiliate.com/Affiliates/main.aspx?ref=5836
Your blog I found to be very interesting!
ReplyDeleteI just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I have a arizona petroleum engineering jobs search
site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!
Hey Fellow, you have a top-notch blog here!
ReplyDeleteIf you have a moment, please have a look at my making dollars site.
Good luck!
Hi Fellow! I was just searching blogs,and I found yours! I like it!
ReplyDeleteIf you have a moment, please visit my stocks site.
Good luck!
A fantastic blog yours. Keep it up.
ReplyDeleteIf you have a moment, please visit my make the most money site.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.
I was searching blogs,and I found yours.Please,
ReplyDeleteaccept my congratulations for your excellent work!
If you have a moment, please visit my asset finance site.
Have a good day!
I was searching blogs,and I found yours.Please,
ReplyDeleteaccept my congratulations for your excellent work!
If you have a moment, please visit my asset finance site.
Have a good day!
Hello. My name is Paul. I am visiting different blogs to let their owners know about some new FREE web site creation software that I have been using. If you are like me, you may have lacked the technical or creative writing skills to put together a professional looking website with quality information (that search engines love). Well, as I said I am letting bloggers know about this as many of you also have or would like to build related websites. This software makes the whole process as easy as pie. Its power yet simplicity has to be seen to be believed. Best of all its FREE. This is as good as it gets. I hope you love it as much as I do. Visit this site to find out more. web site creation software Good luck and happy blogging. Paul.
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed posts. Domain name host Get a free domain name with web hosting. Please visit Domain name host
ReplyDeleteDomain name bargains Need a domain name? Learn more. Please visit Domain name bargains
ReplyDeleteCheap domain hosting Cheap domain hosting. Hosting from $8.96/Month. Please visit Cheap domain hosting
ReplyDeleteReally great blog I've bookmarked it - now some really important bits of financial advice - as it is along the same lines I thought I would share this info with you.
ReplyDeleteWe were paying far too much for items like kids clothes, games consoles, car insurance/home insurance/pet insurance, broadband, mobile phones and utilities/loans, guide to selling on ebay etc. Then a friend of mine recommended a site called www.bargainplace.co.uk. We were able to get cheaper electricity, gas, mobile phone, broadband and loan deals at bargainplace. Thanks to my friend (and the site) I am saving something like £100 a month and can afford an extra holiday a year. Booked of course on www.bargainplace.co.uk. Thanks bargainplace ;-) !!
PS - I set up a website a couple of months ago and until recently I was getting no traffic at all. Then, I signed up to Linkreferral.com. Not only did I start getting visitors by the truck load, I also joined Affiliatewindow and am now making lots of money by partnering with companies like Argos, Next, John Lewis, Pixmania, Marks and Spencer, LX Direct, Littlewoods, Vodafone, phones4u, phones2u, Sky, NTL, Virgin Media, Talktalk, Woolworths, Empire Direct, ebay plus online gambling sites - you can make pot loads of cash.
Linkreferral.com is absolutelely free and has really helped my business take off.
PLUS!! there are opportunities to make money from Linkreferral as well - sign up for free and check out the website and email received for details
Follow these free tips and you won't go far wrong - that brand new BMW or Mercedes might just be around the corner!!
amp com finish group group join slutcamp sub yahoo yguid
ReplyDeleteGood blog - very interesting!! Thought you might like some excellent advice on driving extra traffic to your website/blog - I'm into scout shop and to drive traffic to my website I was searching around the internet for absolutely ages looking for SEO tools to fire my site up the Google search engine, then I signed up free for this superb traffic gereating tool - I now have loads of hits to my websites/blogs and my site is shooting up the Google rankings quicker than ever before.
ReplyDeleteConsequently this can see your affiliate commissions shoot through the roof - meaning lots of extra money coming in for you and your family. Sign up now - it's free.. Sorry if this information is of no use to you but seeing as you have the anonymous feature enabled I thought I should share this free bit of essential promotional advice with you and would hope you would do the same for me.
I hope the tool will serve you equally as well as it has me!!
Best of luck, cheers for now, dave.
skype blackberry
ReplyDeleteHi, just wondering if anyone has ever tried SKYPE for telephone calls over the internet?? A pal of mine says it's brilliant and works out much cheaper than conventional calls, just wondered if anyone else has signed up for it?
Thanks for the tips and insights. I run site and blog for home based small business feel free to drop by and comment or swap links.
ReplyDeleteA pal of mine had a website featuring web site development and promotion and he was desparate for more website traffic. He scoured the internet and tried all the pay-for software programs including Trafficseeker, Addweb, IBP and many, many, more. All they succeeded in doing was crippling his site's page ranking and cosequently he plunged down the google search engine ranking. He then discovered a new way of getting genuine visiting traffic back to his webitse.
ReplyDeleteThe system has been such a success that he has upgraded his account and now refers others up to the program.
If you are looking for free website promotion, free traffic, free marketing, free advertising then look no further Linkreferral is here!!
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
ReplyDeleteHey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
ReplyDeleteI have a start a home based business on the internet site. It pretty much covers start a home based business on the internet related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Risk Free Program. No Selling Or Inventory. Call 1-800-719-8268 Ext.B0116
ReplyDeleteThis is probably the best business opportunity I have ever seen! It's called GAP. Anyone have any input on this one? I have also seen some good reviews and resources at online home based business opportunity
ReplyDeleteprivate label marketing
ReplyDeletePretty good info. I have a free domain registrations
ReplyDeletearticles site. It pretty much covers everything I know about ##KEYWORD##.
Check it out sometime if you can.
Hello... Discover the secrets of the WSlyric domain, atlyric domain. Good Luck and ThankSS!!
ReplyDelete