Kieron Gillen's workblog

 
             

   
 
 

3/23/2005

 
The New Games Journalism: Year One.
Or How Not To Herd Cats.

I’m sorry.

Really, I had no idea.

A year ago today, I arrived home from a Bath bar, having spent the entire evening running through well-worn theories with some colleagues, hammer out a few thousand words and release them onto the web thinking that all it’d do is cause a little mocking from my peers in the Garricks for a week and possibly garner the displeasure some of the suits. In fact, it caused a little mocking from my peers in the Garricks for about a year, a splash of displeasure from the suits and accidentally created and named a faux-movement.

Sorry.

It’s all got entirely out of control. To choose an example of how perceptions and opinions have altered as it mutated in the public eye, Stuart Campbell went from saying the manifesto was the single best thing I’ve ever written the day after, to memorably describing it as “an excuse for a bunch of over-educated geeks with no communication skills to wank themselves and each other off for hours and hours and hours and hours without ever actually getting to the point”. /Despite/ the fact that Stuart actually likes a fair chunk of the writing.

I was aware I was playing with fire. I didn’t think things could catch fire as much as they have, but I tried my best to create firebreaks to contain the blaze.

The piece was peppered with caveats and exceptions. It’s probably one of the least definitive of any relatively widely discussed manifesto. Hell, it never even /describes/ itself as a manifesto, and makes apologies in case it turns into one. It explicitly states that it’s just one interesting approach to games writing which you should consider playing with, and not meant as a replacement for any previously existing form. It states that while pretentious writing and poetry is certainly one approach, it’s probably not the best and then proceeds to use the perfectly-accessible normal-language Bow Nigger as its exemplar. It says that it’s something lots of people are thinking about and doing anyway, so trying to reduce the sense that I’m saying I'm some kind of genius for making this shit up.

But it didn’t stop people immediately calling it the NGJ Manifesto, saying that it demanded an end to all reviews in favour of indeterminable open-diary emo-speak and in one particularly amusing case, somehow reading it as me claiming to be the New Tom Wolfe.

Still. I wrote the piece, and should have made it clearer to reduce such misunderstandings. Not starting with a rambling talk about the pub, what records I was listening to and a lengthy analysis of the British Games press would have probably helped, but that would have involved me not writing it in the early hours, on a whim and then lobbing it online. I get the feeling if Marx didn’t collapse in from the pub then wake up in the morning to somehow find he’d written the Communist Manifesto before turning in. If he did that stirring stuff about a spectre sweeping Europe would have been replaced by about how much he liked the Barmaid.

Similarly, if I knew it would be as widely propagated as it was, I’d have taken more time and got a production editor to proof it. For some people, it’s easy to dismiss something discussing writing if it’s got any grammatical or spelling errors, let alone the array of incompetence you’ll see on my average blog post. I shouldn’t have given them the chance.

So sorry for that.

While I’m pleased – or at least amused – with much of what’s happened, there’s a selection of regrets about which I’d like a final word before hopefully never posting about the theory ever again. I’m especially sad that there ended up being more New Games Journalism Journalism than New Games Journalism. Yes, magazines like PC GAMER have been doing something that fits under the NGJ flag of convenience every issue and there’s been plenty of stuff online, the discussion of the concept has sort of taken over. While I don’t object to writing about writing, the point of doing so should be to /do/ something with your earned insight.

Which is one reason why the “Stop Writing About Writing” position fails. Writing doesn’t appear out of the ether. It’s a product of concious thought and application of techniques, and you have to analyse how something works before actually doing it. Any writer worth anything has had “writing about writing” conversations inside their head. All making them public does is share whatever insights or mistakes you’ve made. Similarly, while readers can throw the “Only sort of writing that matters is Good Writing” position with justification – after all, why should they care how something is made? - if a writer tries to do similar it rings hollow. It’s a true statement, but a totally banal one. Good writing isn’t a genre or an approach, and to /create/ good writing – no matter what sort of good writing it is – requires understanding and application of its techniques. For a writer to shun discussion of those techniques at best seems disingenuous.

Linking off that, probably the most unintended side-effect of coining the phrase was how its definition has been warped to something it was never originally intended. Among those who like the concept it’s that any piece of “good” games writing is New Games Journalism through simple matter of quality, rather than limiting it to NGJ’s stated group of techniques. Among those who dislike the concept, it’s that all New Games Journalism is prissy, insufferable English-Lit kids masturbating in public, when there’s nothing at all which suggests that the techniques have to be used to create anything pretentious, deep or even meaningful. It’s anecdotal games journalism, so is meant to be as personal as each person doing it. A funny story about something that happened in a game is as NGJ as it gets.

Worse, these bent definitions have even warped my own view. Christ: I call the piece the New Games Journalism Manifesto despite never titling it so. When compiling the Top 10 list at the Guardian I ended up suggesting some material which is about looking at recent games with a critical eye, which while tangentially referenced in the piece was never near its central thrust. I only realised how much the debate had twisted even /my/ conceptions of the piece when I re-read it for writing this.

Broadening the phrase to include more and more material, while tempting, is counter-productive. It isn’t the only approach to games writing I’d be interested in seeing, just one which caught my attention. When many of the piece’s critics argue they’d prefer to see some investigative journalism or similar, sympathise entirely. It’d be amazing to see that. PC Zone writer, Rhianna Pratchett, half way through the year, was doing a lecture about Games Journalism and in her preparation idly asked me which way I could see the form going. While I think she expected me to trot out some of the usual NGJ-styled nonsense, I was actually struck dumb. The question was far too big, since there are so many directions that games writing could and should go, picking just one seemed obscene.

In its widened state, New Games Journalism has become a slightly meaningless label. I’ve seen music sub-genres like Trip-hop, post-rock and Emo referenced, normally in a “No-one seems to know what it means” manner. It’s a fairly accurate, even more so than most of the people who make the comparisons know. All three labels actually have a very specific, accurate definitions, and the confusion has only come through people applying them on a whim and not really knowing what they’re talking about. It’s also accurate because, as words, they get a shuddering reaction from anyone with half a brain.

All of the above was accidental fall out. Even if I can justify some of it, I’m still especially regretful about coining a horrible description which has been applied to people who aren’t actually doing anything approaching what I was talking about. It really wasn’t deliberate. That goes double for anyone aggrieved at being put with in any group with Tim Rogers.

In actual fact, the manifesto was written for two reasons.

Firstly, to get people up to speed.

This function was for a very small group: that is, people who wanted to write about games. Since most people don’t live in a place where they can sit in a pub and talk this nonsense with their peers, I wanted to get isolated individuals who are only exposed to more mainstream games a chance to think about this stuff. Writers, to begin with, learn by imitation. If all their role models are doing the traditional games journalism, they just create more traditional games journalism. Most writers on games of note usually have at least a couple of other strong influences, which they fuse to create a synthesis (For me, it’s mainly music journalism). However, for someone who exists primarily inside games, the standard review may be all they have. So the manifesto existed to tell these people – and just because you don’t come from a more liberal background, doesn’t mean you’re dumb – “why bother wasting their time doing a trad thing when they could do something else instead?” Especially, in the case of GAMER, the magazine would be actively pursuing this work from new writers. “Let’s see how fast it can go” was the inclusive challenge. Let’s have some fun.

Yes, that paragraph comes across as arrogant, but honestly is coming from the opposite pole. It’s because I know how *I* learnt and what pushes I needed to get me writing, I know that there’s people like me who /do/ need permission to do something like this. And a little more on this point later.

Secondly, it existed as gaming’s most glorified referral post, specifically for AB's stuff. Put simply, I wanted as many people to read it as possible. While liking that, some of my friends have noted that Bow Nigger had already been printed in a games mag before the whole manifesto thing, and appreciated and loved. Why hype it again? That's true. It had been printed in Gamer already (But only because Rossignol and I brought it to Donald’s attention). However, its audience post-NGJ is by several factors larger than pre-NGJ, even including Gamer’s 50K+ readers. A grotesque number of people have been exposed to what I still think is a phenomenal piece of game writing, purely because I tied it to an over-arching theory and gave it a name.

Ah. The name.

Reeeeeally sorry.

The name was my biggest, deliberate sin. While it’ll still have caused some confusion, if I was transparently honest I should have called the piece “Games’ New Journalism”, to stress that I was talking about a specific approach and how it applied to games, not New in its Year-zero revolutionary sense or that it was a new approach to writing about games full stop. Because of that, some people can’t get past the idea that some New Games Journalism is over a decade old.

I didn’t because “Games’ New Journalism” simply isn’t particularly exciting. While it’d have caused far less annoyance among those who just responded to the title, it wouldn’t have reached even a fraction of people. In short, I swapped intellectual stringency for soap-box politics in a Faustian deal. I’m sorry for that, but still think it was necessary. The cost was muddying the debate, but without that I don’t think we’d have even had the debate – or the publicity for a lot of interesting work - in the first place.

Labels and names are powerful things, and you should only use them with care. They have clear benefits and costs. The benefit is that it allows people to get a handle on a larger collection of concepts in a simple manner. It swaps complexity for directness, and journalists have always reached for them for that reason. Selling something with a name is hugely easier than selling something without one.

The cost is that the name – the label, the definition, whatever – eventually becomes a cage. It stops being about the work it describes and starts being about the description of the work. People fail to realise it was only ever a map, and mistake it for the terrain itself.

Let’s choose an example thousands of times more important than what we’ve been up to. In the mid-seventies an arty-anarchist-dada-rock scene in London imports the name “punk”. A group of complicated ideas gets brought into focus, and mass popularity. However this very action kills the scene, making it miscarriage onto the surgery floor of pop culture. Revolution is turned into money, with copyist bands who miss the point completely. Punk became a laughable blur of spiked hair and spitting.

But that same rush of explosive energy exposed the philosophy to millions who’d otherwise had lived their life entirely without this onrush of ideas. Punk’s influence echoed through pop-culture ever since, with every band of note owing something to its primal scream. And not just bands either. I wouldn’t be writing this if it wasn’t for Savage’s “England’s Dreaming” selling the Fanzine-ethos to me and reaffirming that, yes, it was okay for someone with no training or cool or culture to write, just to let the A-bombs in their head out.

So, for punk, the cost was worth it. It got the ideas out there to the right people – that is, people. It killed the scene, but it was worth it.

That’s what labels allow. It’s a gamble. It could work. Or it could not.

I’m not stupid. I was aware of what I was playing with. I didn’t think, for a second, that it’d have worked as well as it has, but I knew this would be the potential fall out. So, yes, perhaps I’ve inadvertently sacrificed a small part of the form’s future for some easy publicity for friends, peers and talented strangers. For that, I really am sorry.

But you know what? For the number of people who’ve read pieces they’ll have never had otherwise and the small possibility that there’s someone out there who’s been inspired by all this noise, I’d do it all over again.

So it doesn’t appear that I’m /actually/ that sorry at all.

Sorry.



99 Comments:

Nice blog. Check out mine if you can. Thanks. real estate finance

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:18 AM  

Intresting Post
Feel free to visit
Advanced Business Marketing
For mor tips.
Feel free to leave your Comments.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:24 PM  

I am not sure I understand this targeted mlm lead stuff but I want to help people so I keep trying to understand more about targeted mlm lead

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:18 AM  

Hey do you like free stuff? freebies or samples?

I like this blog and i found nice mpeg gallery free sample on it and its good i know of a good site for mpeg gallery free sample

Its number one site on the web for mpeg gallery free sample

Check it out at mpeg gallery free sample

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:39 AM  

GROW IT YOURSELF!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:54 AM  

Hey do you like free stuff? freebies or samples?

I like this blog and i found nice catholic freebies on it and its good i know of a good site for catholic freebies

Its number one site on the web for catholic freebies

Check it out at catholic freebies

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:22 AM  

Hello, I just stumbled across your blog as I was doing a search on the phrase based business home idea new, and I just wanted to say that I really like what you've done with your blog, even though it wasn't particularly related to what I searched for, and that I appreciate your postings. I've recently started a based business home idea new website that you may be interested in visiting if you get a chance. Much success, Eric.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:22 AM  

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a anxiety information site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:24 AM  

You have a nice web site here, it looks like you sacrificed some quality golf time building this. I just added you to my favorite's file and will be returning to see if there is anything new.

Like most people that post here I also have a money making system web site. If you can find the time (when you're not checking the fairways to ensure they are displaying a proper divot) come on over and see if your might give me your professional opinion on my web site. Good luck with your venture! Oh...don't forget to bring your left-handed clubs. ;-)

Cya at the top!
Al Fanucchi Jr
Founder of SIDEjob.com
------------------------------------
Get Paid Daily!
www.sidejob.com

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:45 PM  

Hi,

I just across sites and found that your Blogs are amazing.
Check out retail franchise

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:09 AM  

Just visit 3 Marketeers Productions LLC and fill out the short form, you'll be able to unsubscribe anytime

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:17 AM  

Looking forward to participating in your internet marketing affiliate program blog. I will definitely add it to my bookmarks.

I have a internet marketing affiliate program related site. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## and other related stuff.

Also have another cool site called HotLinZ

Check me out if you get time :-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:29 AM  

I discuss this topic daily myself. I also have a website that talks about paid survey online fee no related things. Go check it out if you get a chance.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:50 AM  

I have a nickelodeon game site. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:25 PM  

good information

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:15 PM  

You have a great website here, and I'm going to tell all my friends about it.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:24 AM  

I am trying to get a better understanding of advertising on the internet. What all my options are to get my site seen. I am really interested in pay per click and cant wait to read more.
All the best,
Natan

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:57 PM  

good information

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:23 AM  

How I made $77 million in 2-years--and you can too.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:21 AM  

Was wird die Auswirkung im Ende sein?With Respect, Audrea cash advance baltimore

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:04 AM  

Ich verwirklichte nicht, da? es so viele faxing loan no payday quick Aufstellungsorte gab. Ihr, ist Grube wird nicht au?erdem getan als Ihre sehr nett.Genuinely, June faxing loan no payday quick

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:10 AM  

Ninguna duda usted sabe qu? se est? encendiendo.Best Wishes, Karla cash advance credit card

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:51 PM  

Hello. Out cruising blogs about mlm lead generator Love their products

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:55 PM  

hi there! enjoyed your post. free screensaver

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:57 PM  

Shop at your favorite stores 24 hours a day. Why go to the mall when you can shop online and avoid the traffic

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:44 PM  

It's time to take charge of your future and independence by having your own business!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:16 AM  

Shop at your favorite stores 24 hours a day. Why go to the mall when you can shop online and avoid the traffic

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:03 AM  

Shop at your favorite stores 24 hours a day. Why go to the mall when you can shop online and avoid the traffic

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:12 AM  

Hi there, your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on well fargo home mortgage I somehow ended up on your page. As your described site is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I stopped by. Oh well, back to surfing and I am sure I will find what I am looking for, and should you ever need information about well fargo home mortgage, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:53 PM  

Hello!Their's only a few places that I have been to get this good of information. Great job.

Regards,

internet marketing solution

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:23 PM  

Hi there, check out my site if you have a chance! Thanks!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:35 AM  

Hi there, check out my site if you have a chance! Thanks!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:22 AM  

I like what you have done with your site, and can't wait to see what else comes up.Aloha, Aleisha payday cash advance alabama

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:52 PM  

Hi there, check out my site if you have a chance! Thanks!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:47 AM  

Interesting blog. I can see that you've done a lot of work on it.

Regards,
Stock Options Trader
future option trading

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:30 PM  

Hi there, check out my site if you have a chance! Thanks!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:48 PM  

Het hebben van een overlappingsbovenkant betekent al payday advance oregon u kunt krijgen.Adios, Alisia payday advance oregon

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:34 AM  

I do not think I can take it anymore. I've got to tell the whole entire world. Well, at least this blog. What about? Well, about this awesome site I found about Mortgage protection cover uk. I check this one site out that presented information in the form of other sites that I would not have found otherwise through conventional search engines. So if you want more on this stuff about what is being discussed here, follow that link. You will NOT regret it.
Mortgage protection cover uk

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:43 AM  

Cool site! iCheck out mine if you want.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:30 AM  

Cool site! iCheck out mine if you want.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:52 AM  

Shop, compare and save on your next home mortgage, refinance, auto loan, payday loan advance and even personal credit lines. Regardless of your prior credit, you can qualify for a better loan at a better rate by shopping and comparing our extensive site of lenders. Fill out a no obligation, simple one page application and get a FREE rate quote. We specialize in great low rates for those with poor or bad credit, even no credit at all. Good credit customers can expect the lowest rates available.

Don't delay, come to www.nwcleasing.com and apply today and get an instant decision and lock in your lowest possible rate.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:05 AM  

a great opportunity, no selling, no phoning, no recruiting PERIOD!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:40 AM  

Hi , I was out blog surfing looking for some info on mortgage broker license when I ended up on your page. Should you ever need it, you can get specific information about mortgage broker license at the site above.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:24 PM  

Hi Blogger:)

We was out web blogging and Urs was the one We took some more time to read a couple of threads...... It is very well organized..
Congrats..

Regards,
work make money at home

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:41 PM  

Hi Blogger,

I liked your blog especially cause I could finally absorb some well written info about this topic.

Regards,
earn money online

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:17 AM  

Hey Blogger,

Great site! Please tell us more!

Thanks,
earn money online

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:00 AM  

Hello,

I had to let you know how brilliant I think your webblog is.. The service you provide is a much needed one and I wish you success INyour venture.. Please add me to your mailing list..

Regards,
make money fast online

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:42 PM  

You should check out www.pharaohspokerpalace.com

They are giving all players 48% of the casino profits with a share program. All you have to do is play. I think they are also offering a 200% bonus. Bill

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:59 AM  

You should check out www.pharaohspokerpalace.com

They are giving all players 48% of the casino profits with a share program. And they pay you monthly! All you have to do is play. I think they are also offering a bonus of like 200%. Bill

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:42 AM  

Hello,

Some of these links aren't working.

Regards,
make money fast online

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:51 AM  

Hi:)

My visitors need some other info cause my web blog is very new with few threads.. So We shall place Ur web blog URL on mine.. Hope U appreciate this:)

Regards,
work at home make money

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:26 AM  

Good Blog Site with a lot of intersting and not so interesting comments I would say!

If you have a moment please feel free to visit my site http://www.surveyearn.biz/PaidSurveys/Work_at_home.html
legitimate work from home

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:01 PM  

Hi, I was out blogging and found your site. It certainly got my attention and interest. I was looking for Collectors
information and even though this isn't a perfect match I enjoyed your site. Thanks for the read!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:53 AM  

All I can say AWESOME blog! The other half and I just got back from Home Depot and I needed a huge break. I am working on a project right now that is based on newest cellular phones. I have literally been on-line for 4-5 hours doing research. Even though your blog really isn?t on the same page as newest cellular phones I am certainly glad I came across your blog. There are a ton of great view points on this blog. Well I think I can here the kids calling in the background. I put you in my web favorites and I will certainly come back and visit. If you want to take a peek at my site you can find me here at newest cellular phones. I update my site very frequently.(as time permits!) Again, awesome job blogging and I will be back again soon!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:42 AM  

I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.

Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

RickJ

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:55 AM  


starting business Business Plan - Unique Approaches That Accelerate Your Business Plan
Chronicle Of One Man's Meteoric Rise To Internet Fame and Fortune ... and How You Can Do The Same For Your Business!

If you wanted to learn how to become successful in the online information industry, who would you rather hear from? A "copycat" or the guy who pioneered the system? It's a "no-brainer," isn't it?

Discover the humble beginnings of this info product genius and learn how he overcame the same struggles you are faced with every single day in your online business. In fact, once you read Leap Ahead, you'll marvel at how simple it can be for you!
Take your own "leap of faith". Business Plan starting business

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:10 AM  

Cool Blog.

Thanks for the information.

Why not visit:

Vactions in Cancun

You may find something useful:

All the Best

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:33 PM  


arizona real estate
Real Estate Investment - Create Fortune In Real Estate

Learn how to create a fortune and quit your job forever Building Portfolio That Allow You To Maintain Financial Independence. You can make money investing in real estate and you can learn to do it without all the high rolling bucks and hype.

Real Estate Investment for Beginners is written by Sal Vannutini, a veteran real estate investor. In one compact little book, he has written some powerful pearls of wisdom that pack a punch the likes of which doesn't even begin to get covered in all that other mess of tapes and paperwork.

Sal is going to give it to you straight! He's going to share his insider secrets with you - more than 80 of them! Real Estate Investment arizona real estate

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:19 AM  

I just want to say that I didnt even think ¨Bow Nigger¨ is that good.

what on earth is he talking about? its just a story of multiplayer jedi night. Funnyier things happen to me ewvery day in real life and he wants toglorify that story?

plus I dont actually believe the story is a hundred percent true. shure those things happen all the time in multiplayer gaming but that exact order. those exacgt comments. well maybe it did happen just like that and maybe not. Maybe he lost the round and just changed it to a victory to make thestory sound better. (because people do that with real events like girl they met at bar, amount theyu drank last night.) the entire story is unverifiable.
AND just for the record its not funny!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:27 PM  

nice blog i shall keep on reading.please read my blog on credit repair yourself

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:20 AM  

While I was searching through Blogger I came past your site, it is not really the information I was after about best online casino gambling but I did stay to read your blog and found it interesting and well done. Keep up the good work and hopefully I will visit again sometime and also find the information on best online casino gambling that I was looking for in my travels.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:30 AM  

Many people think it's a scam when you see Free Cash for casino games.Well I have tried them and it is free cash and great way to win money for nothing.I find the free cash a way to learn the casino gamesbefore I play.So next time you see free cash go for it.http://www.best-gamble.com

By Blogger Home Site , at 10:51 PM  

Good info. Thanks.

Regards,

ETF & Stock Trader Robert
trading class

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:10 AM  

Keep up the great work on this blog. Informative and interesting. I have an interesting web site at http://compare.sitesell.com/web-sales22.html and you are welcome to visit. It is about services Thanks!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:17 PM  

Good info. Thanks.

Regards,
Stock Options Trader
neoticker

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:01 AM  

Good info. Thanks.

Regards,

ETF Trader
trading seminar

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:46 AM  

Informative blog. Thanks.

Regards,

Trader Tim
stock option trading

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:53 AM  

Very interesting blog.

Regards,
Trader Bob
trading technique

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:09 AM  

Hi Friend! You have a great blog over here!
Please accept my compliments and wishes for your happiness and success!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my atlanta bankruptcy info site.
Have a great day!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:27 AM  

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a atlanta bankruptcy chapter 7 site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Greetings.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:56 PM  

Hi Fellow! I was just searching blogs,and I found yours! I like it!
If you have a moment, please visit my atlanta mortgage refinance site.
Good luck!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:20 AM  

Hi Friend! You have a great blog over here!
Please accept my compliments and wishes for your happiness and success!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my stock posters site.
Have a great day!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:38 PM  

Horse Racing, Top Sportsbook Bonuses, Top Handicapper Plays for Free, Free Poker Free Rolls, online football betting, and Much More, all at http://www.coachescorner.com every Game Day!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:59 AM  

ok, thanks for the fine blog and read.

Feel free to visit mine at http://www.easy-forex-broker.ssr.be
onlinef orex trading It is very interesting. Hope you like it too.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:20 PM  

Your blog I found to be very interesting!
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I have a automotive bankruptcy
site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:55 PM  

This is a great opportunity. Just push a button 4 times per day and make $1,000's per month within one year.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:53 AM  

Top Sportsbook Bonuses, Free Casino Cash, Free Poker Freerolls, and Much More every Gameday at http://www.sportbook-review.com! Everything you wanted to know aboutsportsbook and more can be yours Free! Visit us and get signed up for this upcoming Football and Basketball Seasons!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:48 AM  

Hey Fellow, you have a top-notch blog here!
If you have a moment, please have a look at my Wire baskets for retail site.
Good luck!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:30 PM  

A fantastic blog yours. Keep it up.
If you have a moment, please visit my wine retail franchise site.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:54 PM  

Cool Blog! If you get a chance I would like to invite you to visit the following Hair Care Blog, it is cool to!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:41 AM  

Hello Friend! I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please make a visit to my toy dolls mp3 site.
Good luck in your endeavors!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:43 PM  

Your blog I found to be very interesting!
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I have a used golf cars
site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:03 PM  

Cool Blog! If you get a chance I would like to invite you to visit the following cards Blog, it is cool to!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:31 AM  

Hi, my name is Linda and I used to lose money when day trading. I bought and read every ebook I could get hold of, but nothing seemed to work for me. Finally, I worked out my own successful system, and I now trade profitably. So emini day trading system has changed me from a loser to a winner. It is so nice to make money when trading? I have learned to smile again, which is why I am so happy.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:57 AM  

No Hype, No B.S., Our Team does most of the heavy lifting for you.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:17 AM  

porn blog

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:28 AM  

employment ads

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:19 AM  

It is good to come across a site that discuss the various issues surrounding email marketing campaign

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:38 PM  

.





Hi matey

I'm sure it was this blog I was reading a while back where someone was looking for an SEO tool for driving more traffic and get more hits for their website.

Anyway, I was speaking to a techi guy at work who gets to know all the latest stuff and he uses the free Link Referral Program.

His website on tampa web site promotion services amongst other stuff has seen traffic explode since he started using the Link Referral Program - consequently his affiliate sales commissions and business sales went through the roof PLUS his website increased in google ranking which was an added bonus!!

If anyone else has any good ideas for driving more traffic to blogs/websites then please share with your online business blog buddies. Ta ;-)










.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:57 AM  

.














Hi, seeing as you accept anonymous blogging I thought I would send you this info about online gambling from a guy at work. His blog features casino vegas and he has made a fortune from online gambling.

The Online Casino Startup Bonus

When choosing a trustworthy online casino there are many factors you need to consider. Just because one of the great number of online casinos existent today has impressive graphics, games and offers a wide diversity of bonuses, it doesnt mean its a fair and licensed one. Of course, such cases are rare, and, since today there are hundreds of reputable virtual casinos one can choose from, the most important criteria when deciding which one to play at is what they offer.

The first bonus you can get when you first open an account at a casino is the sign up bonus most casinos offer, an encouraging bonus of at least $25, but it may often be higher than $500. Some casinos even match your first deposit, meaning they double it, for free.

Many casinos also offer hundreds of dollars worth bonuses for new players and, if you're the one who brings other friends to the casino, things are even better than that. Most casinos offer a refer a friend bonus and, the more friends you have, the more fortunate you will get. For each friend you refer to the casino, you will get up to $1000, for each friend that they refer, you'll earn up to $300 and, furthermore, for each person that your friend's friends refer, you will earn up to $100. Once you are confident that particular casino is a reliable one, bring as many of your friends as you can to the casino and you'll have all the reasons to enjoy their games. The only thing you need to pay attention to afterwards is to handle the money wisely and not risk it all in a single bet, however confident you may be.

And most casinos give you an alternative to this. They offer you the chance to practice for free at first, and they also give you money to do that, so, it's practically free and you have nothing to lose. When you find the right casino you'll know it from the first time you play there. From then on, they will remind you how important you are to them by giving you special bonuses every month. These bonuses are somewhere around $100 and even higher and they reward you for being a loyal customer. These casinos also offer the so called comp points that accumulate throughout the course of the games you play and at certain points they turn into real money and, depending how long you have been playing at that casino, you may win lots of money.

The most important bonuses casinos offer are the jackpots and prizes you can win at their games. Casinos reward players with millions of dollars each day for their gaming skills. Tournaments and regular casino games are most profitable for gamblers. Only one progressive jackpot, for one single game of slots, for instance, can be of over $ 2 million. And it's only a matter of seconds and a bit of luck to win it.

Most casinos don't need a special occasion to give bonuses. They offer bonuses for the players third and fourth deposits, for being loyal to the casino, or just for being at a table at a certain time. So, it’s only a matter of finding the right casino and from there on, bonuses will keep coming to you. The only problem is that if you don't have a proper money management you won't treasure what you win, it will go away as easily as it came. We may all want those bonuses, but do we know what to do with them and how much of it we should risk in our next bet?


A guy at work recommends the following Casino Gaming Sites, (the trick is to sign up to each and get your startup bonuses) once you have played each one for a while you will get to know which one suits your style of play and which is therefore the most profitable one for you.


as follows:

CASINO CLASSIC


PLAY65.COM


888.COM


CASINO-FOR-ME


SPORTING ODDS CASINO


PARTY POKER.COM


ALSO CHECK OUT THESE COOL ONLINE BINGO SITES - PERFECT TO KEEP YOUR MUM/GRANNY HAPPY!!


BINGO BOUDOIR


BINGOLICIOUS


TWO FAT LADIES BINGO









.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:16 AM  

Online Companies will pay YOU from $5 to $125 for Each Survey!
Get paid to participate in online focus groups $50 to $150 per hour!
Get paid to try new products - keep the products and get paid too!
Get paid to preview movie trailers $4 to $25 per hour!
Get paid $5 to $95 per hour to take surveys offline!
Get paid to travel! Earn $100's each month just for traveling!
You get paid to drive your car $1000 to $3000 per month!online market research web based survey
online market research web based survey

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:45 AM  

real estate seoreal estate seoreal estate seoreal estate seoreal estate seoreal estate seoreal estate seoreal estate seo







The Linkreferral Concept is as follows:

We are striving to provide an affordable alternative to search engines and banner ad campaigns which give mediocre results. Our three pronged approach to developing free traffic for our members is described below, Members directory traffic - By joining, you will be included in our members directory which is visited by our community of over 90,000 members, and thousands of outside visitors on a daily basis. You'll have the opportunity to earn a ranking at the top of your category, absolutely free! Receive valuable feedback from visitors of your website, network with your peers, and give your opinion on other websites in the directory. The more you participate, the more you get in return!

Referral based traffic - You are probably familiar with the concept of network marketing, well this is a free version of that marketing method - by registering and promoting your linkreferral affiliate link, an exponential growth of 5 levels of referrals can be created (ex. you refer 10 people who refer 10 people each who refer 10 each....), potentially 10,000s of visitors/day all viewing your link prominently in the top spot of our 'Featured Sites' section on our home page for your referral ID. It works because its free, fast to register, easy to implement and no risk. People that are referred from your site will have nothing to lose and everything to gain, just like you.

SIGN UP TO LINKREFERRAL NOW - IT'S FREE!!



real estate seoreal estate seoreal estate seoreal estate seoreal estate seoreal estate seoreal estate seoreal estate seoreal estate seo

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:09 AM  

Your teen make money online blog looks great. You have some good teen make money online information here. I will definately bookmark your site and check back often.

I too have a teen make money online site too that
you should come take a look at .

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:24 AM  

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a dream home giveaway site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:17 PM  

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a home based business opportunity site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:30 PM  

Free information and software on ebay sell availble at ebay sell

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:25 PM  

Risk Free Program. No Selling Or Inventory. Call 1-800-719-8268 Ext.B0116

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:24 PM  

.





Hi matey

I'm sure it was this blog I was reading a while back where someone was looking for an SEO tool for driving more traffic and get more hits for their website.

Anyway, I was speaking to a techi guy at work who gets to know all the latest stuff and he uses the free Link Referral Program at http://marketingexperts.wordpress.com.

His website on seo promotion amongst other stuff has seen traffic explode since he started using the Link Referral Program - consequently his affiliate sales commissions and business sales went through the roof PLUS his website increased in google ranking which was an added bonus!!

If anyone else has any good ideas for driving more traffic to blogs/websites then please share with your online business blog buddies. Ta ;-)


home based business
home based business opportunity
internet home based business
home based web business
best home based business
home based business idea
home internet based business opportunity
start home based business
best home based business opportunity
online home based business
income opportunity home based business
legitimate home based business
home based business lead
mlm home based business
starting a home based business
top home based business
christian home based business
home based small business
home based internet marketing business
free home based business
work at home based business opportunity
computer home based business
home based mlm business opportunity
make money home based business
home based business work
home based travel business
easy home based business
serious home based business opportunity
small home based business opportunity
online home based business opportunity
home based business for woman
business opportunity home based work from
work from home based business
new home based business opportunity
start a home based business on the internet
based business business home opportunity
legitimate home based business opportunity
home based sales business
home based jewelry business
best rated home based business
home based franchise opportunity business
successful home based business
home based business opportunity idea
profitable home based business
internet home based business idea
home based business work at home
best home based business idea
home based business opportunity work at home
free home based internet business
home based business tax deduction
top home based business opportunity
home based computer business opportunity
unique home based business opportunity
home based affiliate business
home based business opportunity uk
income opportunity home based business idea
based business home incredible opportunity
based best business home small
starting home based internet business
christian home based business opportunity
home based business merchant account
best home based internet business
based business home network opportunity
home based business marketing
based business home idea latest
home based business review
home based business directory
based business career home opportunity
work at home based internet business
based business home job opportunity
home based business trade secret
best home based business
home based business magazine
home based computer business idea
home based business startup idea
home based business for sale
home based business cash opportunity
home based business web site
most successful home based business









.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:05 AM  

Hallo, i agree with it. This article tell whole story. Nice for share this post. Keep up the good work. Really interesting stuff. That's one thing I'm really looking today. Looking forward to reading more from you and writing as well. Thanks for info and good day for You. I must learn, but don't think i have the patience to do it .. Till tommarow.

------------------------------------------
I guess that you play Texas hold'em more than once ? Run for Free Poker money before you will be late.
You must look at my link database - Gambling related sites list.
Regards

By Blogger Free Poker Capital, at 2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

 

.

HOME
&
ARCHIVES


Kieron Gillen's Workblog, foo'.