Kieron Gillen's workblog

 
             

   
 
 

3/04/2005

 
"Last week’s blog on the state of videogame writing, and the possible solution offered by New Games Journalism, attracted plenty of debate, but many of you wanted to see a few more examples of the NGJ style.

So I got together with Kieron Gillen (veteran games journalist and comic book writer, responsible for the NGL manifesto), Ian ‘Always Black’ Shanahan (writer of seminal NGJ article ‘Bow, Nigger’), Jim Rossignol (another veteran games journo and NGJ stalwart), and Mark Donald (editor of PC Gamer) and drew up a list of ten articles available online and indicative of the New Games Journalism approach.

This is a varied bunch, but I think what connects them is emotion, insight, and often a narrative rather than methodical structure. Whatever, just read and enjoy."


I keep on getting the bit in Talking Heads' "Once in a Lifetime"'s where Byrne yelps "And I think to myself... MY GOD! WHAT HAVE I DONE?!!) playing inside my skull this morning. And not in a good way.


 

.

HOME
&
ARCHIVES


Kieron Gillen's Workblog, foo'.