Kieron Gillen's workblog

 
             

   
 
 

2/11/2005

 
Ion Storm dead.

Shame, but I'm not as physically sad as I was when Looking Glass closed. Perhaps I was more naive and emotional back then: perhaps more that we saw this coming from a long way off. It's like having a friend who's been sick for a long time finally die. Yes, it's terribly sad, but you were expecting it.

No matter what you made of Invisible War and Thief III, I do think it's probably a disaster for anyone vaguely pushing a progressive immersive sim mandate.

Or put it another way: I doubt I'll see anything released that I'd consider myself the one and only choice to review for the next two or three years.

Which leaves me poorer, in any way you choose to define it.


 

.

HOME
&
ARCHIVES


Kieron Gillen's Workblog, foo'.