Kieron Gillen's workblog

 
             

   
 
 

10/13/2004

 
"Oh yeah, gender transgression, junkies, fetish parties, yadiyadiyah. You've seen this kind of thing before. Let's point and laugh at the freaks. Let's rubberneck at the trainwreck of their lives. Wow, they're fucked up. Isn't that kind of cool. And, you know, loathsome.

Except it's not, though. It's not that kind of book."


The ever-articulate Janet Harvey takes on How Loathsome for Artbomb. I've been meaning to write something about it ever since actually reading it, but never got around to it. Until I gain the required infinite time for collating my desired critical pieces, I'll let Janet speak for me.

I recommended this book to someone recently. If they're reading this, this is my reminder for you to investigate it.


 

.

HOME
&
ARCHIVES


Kieron Gillen's Workblog, foo'.