Kieron Gillen's workblog

 
             

   
 
 

9/08/2004

 
"I’m grateful that I can truly say, with the Muppets I’ve been able to defy the cliche “you don’t know how much you love something until it’s gone”. I’ve always known how much I love the Muppets. I’m reminded of this now they’re gone.

I know this happened in February, but I only found out this evening. Chatting with Richard Cobbett, I was asking him if he’d heard that Sesame St. is now sponsored. He hadn’t, so as I was about to deliver the grotesque punchline that the PBS pre-school programme was now sponsored, unbelieveably, by MacDonald’s, he found this:

http://muppets.disney.go.com/

The text of the URL should be enough to tell all. Disney now own the Muppets."


John Walker's requiem for a glove puppet, walking the middle line between those tedious pub conversations about Do You Remember The Theme Tune To Ulysses 2051 and No Logo. Go read.

EDIT: To change to a direct link. Anyone who nabbed my link may wish to do likewise.


 

.

HOME
&
ARCHIVES


Kieron Gillen's Workblog, foo'.