Kieron Gillen's workblog

 
             

   
 
 

7/28/2004

 
Everyone else is doing one, so I'll be damned if I was going to.



Except then Laila at New Noise ordered me. I couldn't disobey. She intimidates me.

Meanwhile in the world of games, I'm starting work on a rather oddball feature. Part of it is going to involve me playing a load of IF (That is, interactive fiction). It's a subculture I've been meaning to investigate properly for God knows how long.

I want you to join me.

This is one of the more interesting ones I've played yet. It's essentially an Emo-em-up about teenage depression and inaction. It's got a powerful understanding of the mindset and is pretty well written. Takes about 20 minutes to go through, so you've got no excuse.

It's called Rameses and can be downloaded through the link. To run it you'll need a z5 interpreter. If you're on windows, the one I'm using - Windows Frotz 2000 - seems to be pretty good.

Download. Play. Tell me what you think.

That goes triple for the angsty bloggers in our midst.



 

.

HOME
&
ARCHIVES


Kieron Gillen's Workblog, foo'.