Kieron Gillen's workblog

 
             

   
 
 

5/04/2004

 
"I'm not trying to say that video games are dangerous or something we should approach with caution. But you can't let them take over all of the child's free time, especially not in the child's development phase, because it won't give the child the opportunity to learn to fantasise from associating freely.

This is a new phenomenon and it is something we'll only see the results of in 10 years - maybe more, maybe less. When the kids who today spend their lives in someone else's fantasy grow up and meet a world where there are no extra lives. But it's up to me to teach my own children that. It's up to me to take that responsibility.

There are no easy answers. Maybe because we haven't asked the questions."


State founder, pro-games journo and committed breeder tells us about his truths.

I worry about this sort of stuff too.

EDIT: Oh yes - forgot I haven't mentioned I've turned on my XML RDF Atom feed for my blog. This can be found here. This allows you to read my blog... er, actually, I don't know. King Tech Journo, that's me.


 

.

HOME
&
ARCHIVES


Kieron Gillen's Workblog, foo'.