Kieron Gillen's workblog

 
             

   
 
 

10/06/2003

 
Bored from writing a review, I post something to State to start some debate. This is the sort of stuff that fills up my tiny mind. I'd like someone (i.e. Not Me) to do this historical work and trace precedents for intellectual ideas.

Go. If you know stuff, go help with the debate. This stuff matters in a very real non-mattering way.

******

Earliest example of the RTS normally gets thrown at either Dune II on the PC of Herzog Zwei on the Mega-drive. I was thinking - can we go earlier?



Off the top of my head, best I can recall is the Epic Mike Singleton game War In Middle Earth. which was, essentially Shogun: Total War, but on the Speccy. That's 1988.

Anyone go further? Let's find some missing links here.

KG





 

.

HOME
&
ARCHIVES


Kieron Gillen's Workblog, foo'.